By Stephen Hunter
He's the main risky guy alive. He merely desires to dwell in peace together with his kin, and omit the conflict that just about killed him...
It's unlikely to happen.
Stephen Hunter's epic nationwide bestsellers, Point of Impact and Black Light, brought thousands of readers to Bob Lee Swagger, referred to as "Bob the Nailer," a heroic yet fallacious Vietnam battle veteran pressured two times to exploit his talents as a grasp sniper to protect his existence and his honor. Now, in his grandest, such a lot intensely exciting experience but, Bob the Nailer needs to face his deadliest foe from Vietnam--and his personal demons--to shop his spouse and daughter.
During the latter days of the Vietnam battle, deep in-country, a tender idealistic Marine named Donny Fenn used to be shrink by means of a sniper's bullet as he set out on patrol with Swagger, who himself bought a grievous wound. Years later Swagger married Donny's widow, Julie, and jointly they elevate their daughter, Nikki, on a ranch within the remoted Sawtooth Mountains in Idaho. Although he struggles with the painful legacy of Vietnam, Swagger's maximum wish--to depart his violent earlier in the back of and reside quietly along with his family--seems to have come true.
Then one idyllic day, a guy, a lady, and a woman set out from the ranch on horseback. High on a ridge above a mountain go, 1000 yards far-off, a relaxed, cold-eyed shooter, one of many world's maximum marksmen, friends via a telescopic sight on the 3 drawing close figures.
Out of his tortured prior, a mortal enemy has once more came upon Bob the Nailer. Time to Hunt proves anew why such a lot of reflect on Stephen Hunter to be our greatest dwelling mystery writer. With a plot that sweeps from the killing fields of Vietnam to the corridors of energy in Washington to the shadowy plots of the hot global order, Hunter promises all of the advanced, stay-up-all-night motion his lovers call for in a masterful story of family members heartbreak and foreign intrigue--and indicates why, for Bob Lee Swagger, it really is once more time to hunt.
From the Hardcover edition.
Quick preview of Time to Hunt (Bob Lee Swagger) PDF
Similar Action books
Approximately James RollinsJAMES ROLLINS is a number 1 big apple instances bestselling writer of foreign thrillers which have been translated into greater than 40 languages. recognized for unveiling unseen worlds, medical breakthroughs, and ancient secrets and techniques, Rollins' knack for breakneck pacing and gorgeous originality has been hailed through critics and embraced through ratings of hundreds of thousands of readers worldwide.
Underneath the ice on the backside of the Earth is a powerful subterranean labyrinth, a spot of breathtaking wonders—and terrors past imagining. A crew of experts led via archaeologist Ashley Carter has been hand-picked to discover this mystery position and to discover the riches it holds. yet they aren't the 1st to enterprise here—and these they stick with didn't go back.
Carved right into a relocating island of ice two times the scale of the us, Ice Station Grendel has been deserted for greater than seventy years. The twisted brainchild of the best minds of the previous Soviet Union, it was once designed to be inaccessible and almost invisible. yet an American undersea study vessel has inadvertently pulled too close--and whatever has been sighted relocating contained in the allegedly abandoned facility, whatever whose survival defies each common legislation.
The explosive first experience in James Rollins' bestselling Sigma strength sequence! A freak explosion within the British museum in London ignites a deadly race for an earth-shaking energy resource buried deep underneath the sands of background. Painter Crowe is an agent for Sigma strength, a covert arm of the security division tasked with retaining risky medical discoveries out of enemy palms.
- I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, 1912 (I Survived, Book 1)
- The Experiment (Animorphs, Book 28)
- Black Skies (Dan Morgan, Book 3)
- Red Rabbit (Jack Ryan, Book 11)
- Red Rabbit (Jack Ryan, Book 11)
Extra info for Time to Hunt (Bob Lee Swagger)
6) support consolidate inner cohesion. eight) shield and store public homes. nine) paintings for the cohesion among the military and the folk. 10) hold the standard and Honor of the innovative Soldier. All that remained was once this final task, the yank eco-friendly Beret camp at Kham Duc, on the finish of the An Loc Valley, which has to be eradicated which will take extra land sooner than records have been signed. 3 quicks, one sluggish, 3 strongs. gradual plan. speedy strengthen. powerful struggle. robust attack. robust pursuit. speedy clearance. fast withdrawal. He had constructed the plan over 3 years of operations, gaining consistent intelligence at the E5 zone of administrative department MR-7, realizing that because the battle wound down, it will do, it used to be defined to him by means of better headquarters and as he himself understood, to make an instance of 1 of the camps. speedy strengthen. that's the place No. three Battalion used to be now. the lads have been professional, toughened campaigners with lengthy conflict adventure. They hurried from their sanctuary in Laos and have been now below twenty kilometers from the objective, which was once already below attack by means of neighborhood Viet Cong infrastructure below particular orders from Hanoi, and from whom he bought strive against intelligence over the radio. The column moved within the classical constitution of a military at the speedy, derived no longer totally from the good Giap, father of the military, but additionally from the French genius Napoleon, who understood, whilst nobody in historical past given that Alexander had, the significance of quickness, and who slashed the world over on that precept. So Huu Co, senior colonel, had parts of his top troops, his sappers, operating safety on every one flank a mile out in twelve-men devices in step with flank; he had his moment top humans, additionally sappers, on the aspect in a diamond formation, all armed with automated guns and RPGs, surroundings the speed, able to convey grenades and withering hearth at any stumbling blocks. His different businesses moved in column by means of fours on the double time, rotating the burden of the heavy mortars between them by means of platoons in order that no unit was once extra fatigued than the other. thankfully, it was once cool; the rain was once no obstacle. the lads, beautifully educated, shorn of slackers and wreckers via lengthy years of fight, have been the main devoted. furthermore, they have been excited as the climate used to be retaining; low clouds, fog far and wide, their so much feared and hated enemy, the yankee airplanes, nowhere in sight. That was once the foremost: to maneuver freely, nearly as though within the final century, with out the phobia of Phantoms or Skyhawks screaming in and shedding their napalm and white phosphorous. this is why he hated the americans lots: they fought with flame. It intended not anything to them to burn his humans like grasshoppers plaguing a harvest. but those that stood opposed to the flame, as he had, grew to become hardened past mind's eye. He who has stood opposed to flame fears not anything. Huu Co, senior colonel, used to be forty-four years outdated. occasionally, stories of the previous lifestyles floated up earlier than him: Paris within the past due forties and early fifties, while his decadent father had became him over to the French, less than whose auspices he studied difficult.